Dear thesis-writing seniors,
What do you need in order to move forward right now?
That may seem like a big, amorphous question, but it's an important one. Think about what kind of support and encouragement you need, and commit TODAY. Each time you follow through on that commitment, you'll take one step forward. AND you'll earn points towards a prize ... the winner of our first Thesis January Prize (from last week) is Erika Escalona Barragan ’21 from Mathey College! Intrigued? Here's how you can earn points towards a win this week:
- Are you avoiding your thesis entirely? Put the Procrastination Workshop on your calendar! Tuesday 1/19 12-1pm ET. Here's the link: https://princeton.zoom.us/j/94644003407 .
- Do you need help identifying resources? Sign up NOW at this link for a meeting your discipline specialist librarian. Spaces are limited, but you don't need to know anything more than you already do for these supportive meetings. Click NOW to check the date being offered for your concentration.
- Do you need to be held to a commitment to write every day? Sign up at this link by 12pm ET on Sunday 1/17 for Senior Thesis Boot Camp, which will be held January 18-22 and January 25-29, 1-5pm ET. Bootcamp is a (virtual) space to work alongside your classmates to jumpstart your thesis work. Make headway on that pile of articles, and finish a chapter!
- Do you need accountability from peers? Sign up by Sunday 1/17 to earn points and motivate each other for each step you take towards your goals! Accountability Teams will consist of four seniors (from any department). You can sign up here either (a) as a pre-formed team of four or (b) individually (we will put you into teams): https://forms.gle/4WV7f9MQZUXHf6wW7
o Every time a team member participates in a Thesis Month activity, the team will earn points toward special prizes, which will include AirPods, headphones, and Fitbits, and more.
o You will earn bonus points if all members of a team participate in an activity together.
- Do you need to set goals? Use the goal-booster form here: https://forms.gle/9v4JTj9MEX8y3WRd9
You can do this. One day, one goal, one commitment at a time.